Head Pastry Chef
What we offer
- Starting salary €36K/year based on 39 hour week
- €2k quarterly bonus based on performance.
- No night or early morning shifts
- Full control of menu design
- Modern kitchen and New Equipment
- Education and training
What you will do
- Design and develop a menu for the cafe.
- Weekly execution of pastry and baked goods for the cafe start to finish.
- (Quantities that are comfortable to manage, no unrealistic throughput expectations)
- Source and develop relationships with preferred suppliers.
- Implementation of HACCP
- Social media participation
- Training new team members to assist in your section
This role will be totally designed around the individual. We understand that passion deserves freedom to try, fail and succeed, we encourage our pastry chef to take risks and push their creativity.
This new space in a way for us is almost like a gallery for an artist to showcase their work and be able to grow and develop their skills.
Work should be fun, comfortable with realistic challenges along the way.
As a team, we always strive for a positive work environment.
Gorditas is still in the early days and we see great potential for growth, along with this comes the opportunity to progress within the business.
How we work
Gorditas at its core is all about quality and community.
There are two retail aspects,
- Online pantry product
- Coffee shop, small batch high quality pastry and baked goods
These will support and complement one another in terms of sales, workload and customer experience.
The online sales will be mainly alfajores, dulce de leche and chocolate sweets.
For us the cafe should be a safe haven for customers to come in, sit down and relax.
High quality fresh pastries and baked goods are essential.
We believe that beautifully crafted food creates a wonderful community and to be able to offer a comfortable environment for both our team and customers is so important.
We would like to collaborate with our neighbor coffee shops to have a unique offering and encourage our customers to visit our friend’s establishments.
Team work is dream work.